About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 12 August 2010

No more hospital

Yippee I'm free. After a very pleasant bus ride from Lechlade ( No 72 or 64 every hour) and a change at Swindon for the hospital bus, we arrived in plenty of time. Our wait though, to see the consultant, was long in fact very long. Nearly 75 minutes to be precise. Anyway to cut a long story short my xray showed the fracture had healed very well, so well that after the plaster was removed I didn't need another one putting on (I had just decided to have a nice purple one). Instead they gave me a support bandage and told me that I was discharged. Not bad considering it hasn't even been 3 weeks since the accident. I have even considered getting my fishing rod out but I think that might be a little premature.

No comments:

Blog Archive