Today is wet wet wet! A far cry from yesterday's fabulously sunny day. Loads of people attended the festival. We were kept busy by the public asking the usual questions, "Do you have a toilet? telly? sink? etc" and some we showed through the boat confirming that we had all these and more. Then this very nice chap walked up to us with his greyhound Lou. We got chatting and that's when I found out it was Richard from nb Indigo Dreams. We started chatting about Linx and Ty and that I found Linx's blog very funny and interesting. Richard then told me he gets more comments on the dogs blog then he does on his. Prove that this is a dog's world and that us mere mortals pamper to there every need.
That evening we were again in the beer tent listening to a folk band. Well I say listening it was more like cringing when ever the lady started singing! I don't think she realises that she is slightly tone deaf especially on the high notes. We were ever so glad when they stopped to do the raffle and make presentations. I was also extremely pleased for Richard when he came third in the BCN Marathon challenge. He must have put in a lot of hours to do as well as he did. Congratulations Richard.
Walking back to the boat the mist was rising from the canal. It had certainly turned chilly and we debated whether to light a fire. In the end we decided that warming up in bed would do the trick. I took a few photos before it got to dark just so I could add a couple of picture' to the post.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2023 (219)
- ► 2022 (200)
- ► 2021 (168)
- ► 2020 (195)
- ► 2019 (147)
- ► 2018 (193)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (272)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- Epic blog consisting of the continuing Moorhen sa...
- The story of the con man continues!!
- Two baby Moorhens have hatched.
- Our destination at last..Netherwich basin Droitwich
- Hoorah for the local police.
- Yep we've been had!
- Have we been had by a man on a motor scooter?
- Another 4 miles travelled. 16 miles left to go.
- Another 3 miles travelled, but they all count.
- A weird experiance in a loo
- When is a staircase lock not a staircase lock?
- The missing 9th lock
- Merryhill Shopping
- A bad ending to a good day!
- Des Res for Moorhens!
- The family arrive
- Making our way to Windmill End, Dudley No 2 canal
- One very scruffy Heron
- Off the beaten track
- A few picture's of Old Town Junction
- Sea Life, Birmingham
- Black Country Museum & Wolverhampton level
- Ryders Green, and Brades Locks
- Ocker Hill
- prop rubbish!
- Where's the canal gone?
- Evening Mist
- doggie rescue by.......... canoe!!
- Is this an Orchid?
- More of the boats at Pelsall
- The battleship arrives!
- Bunting up and a very embarrassing moment!
- Is this a record?
- Pelsall at last
- Spaghetti Junction from below.
- The Heron and the Pussycat
- Mooring problems!
- Alrewas on the T & M to Curdworth on the B & F
- Cliff wood Br 11 on the T & M to Alrewas
- Golden Wedding Anniversary
- RSPCA to the rescue
- ▼ June (42)
- ► 2010 (293)