About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Evening Mist

Today is wet wet wet! A far cry from yesterday's  fabulously sunny day.  Loads of people attended the festival. We were kept busy by the public asking the usual questions, "Do you have a toilet? telly? sink? etc" and some we showed through the boat confirming that we had all these and more. Then this very nice chap walked up to us with his greyhound Lou. We got chatting and that's when I found out it was Richard from nb Indigo Dreams. We started chatting about  Linx and Ty and  that I found Linx's blog very funny and interesting. Richard then told me he gets more comments on the dogs blog then he does on his. Prove that this is a dog's world and that us mere mortals  pamper to there every need.
That evening we were again in the beer tent listening to a folk band. Well I say listening it was more like cringing when ever the lady started singing! I don't think she realises that she is slightly tone deaf especially on the high notes. We were ever so glad when they stopped to do the raffle and make presentations. I was also extremely pleased for Richard when he came third in the BCN Marathon challenge. He must have put in a lot of hours to do as well as he did. Congratulations Richard.
Walking back to the boat the mist was rising from the canal. It had certainly turned chilly and we debated whether to light a fire. In the end we decided that warming up in bed would do the trick. I took a few photos before it got to dark just so I could add a couple of picture' to the post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue has already told me "nice chap", that can't be you. Before I get corrected from several angles I should say that Sue (and Lynx)write the blog. For the BCN Challenge we had stirling help from Greygal & Andy (http://www.dogsontour.blogspot.com/) and Graham off Matilda Rose (http://contentedsouls.blogspot.com/) so a very strong team. Sadly we may not be able to do it next year (unless Greygal enters Henry H) but our cruising plan for 2013 will have the BCN Challenge as a priority. Just to take part is great fun, I thoroughly recommend taking part, to beat Muskrat is going to be very very hard!

Richard
nb Indigo Dream

Blog Archive