- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Tuesday 7 June 2011
Cliff wood Br 11 on the T & M to Alrewas
What a day yesterday. 19 miles and 8 locks. We thought if we set of early enough ( 8 am ) we would be moored at a reasonable time in the afternoon. We couldn't have been more wrong. Swarkstone and Stenson locks no problem, but when we got to Dallows we couldn't believe our eyes. 10 boats waiting to go up and none coming down. Just over an hour later we eventually locked up. With some trepidation we realised that this could be the start of a very long day. I suppose we could thank our lucky stars that some of the boats in front stopped for various reasons and thinned the pack down, but by the time we arrived at Alrewas it was getting on for 6 pm. Then we had to find a mooring, not just for us , but for the other 5 boats in our party. It was no mean feat to achieve this but literally with not even an inch to spare for most of the boats and with some 'words' to other boaters who had left huge gaps either side, ( just enough that no other boats could get in) we managed it.
- ► 2023 (219)
- ► 2022 (200)
- ► 2021 (168)
- ► 2020 (195)
- ► 2019 (147)
- ► 2018 (193)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (272)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- Epic blog consisting of the continuing Moorhen sa...
- The story of the con man continues!!
- Two baby Moorhens have hatched.
- Our destination at last..Netherwich basin Droitwich
- Hoorah for the local police.
- Yep we've been had!
- Have we been had by a man on a motor scooter?
- Another 4 miles travelled. 16 miles left to go.
- Another 3 miles travelled, but they all count.
- A weird experiance in a loo
- When is a staircase lock not a staircase lock?
- The missing 9th lock
- Merryhill Shopping
- A bad ending to a good day!
- Des Res for Moorhens!
- The family arrive
- Making our way to Windmill End, Dudley No 2 canal
- One very scruffy Heron
- Off the beaten track
- A few picture's of Old Town Junction
- Sea Life, Birmingham
- Black Country Museum & Wolverhampton level
- Ryders Green, and Brades Locks
- Ocker Hill
- prop rubbish!
- Where's the canal gone?
- Evening Mist
- doggie rescue by.......... canoe!!
- Is this an Orchid?
- More of the boats at Pelsall
- The battleship arrives!
- Bunting up and a very embarrassing moment!
- Is this a record?
- Pelsall at last
- Spaghetti Junction from below.
- The Heron and the Pussycat
- Mooring problems!
- Alrewas on the T & M to Curdworth on the B & F
- Cliff wood Br 11 on the T & M to Alrewas
- Golden Wedding Anniversary
- RSPCA to the rescue
- ▼ June (42)
- ► 2010 (293)