- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Sunday, 19 June 2011
A bad ending to a good day!
Yesterday I mentioned the problems we had from the local riff raff. Well overnight all was quiet and so we assumed the stone throwing was a one off. We were soooooo wrong. Chrissy, Kev and Josh were about to leave when a clattering on the boat alerted us to something amiss. On the green opposite was a bench, On this bench sat 4 youths. In their hands were stones and guess where they were aiming them? Yep. Our boat!!!! There they sat looking as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths when the next thing I saw was another missile heading straight for us. I completely lost it and told them in no uncertain terms to
bugger off leave. Ian grabbed the camera and took this picture.
As soon as they saw the camera they panicked and ran off. We thought that would be the end of it but even so, Ian and I decided that to stay was no longer an option.On goes the tiller and we left post haste. Unfortunately both of us hadn't realised, naively I suppose, that the youths might be lying in wait at a bridge and as we passed underneath a bottle came crashing down on the roof. Thank goodness they missed us because I'm sure one of us would have ended up in hospital!
We have now arrived at Merryhill a lot earlier then planned and I must admit I was worried that no mooring spots would be available at this time in the evening (6 45pm) but there was loads of space so here we are all tied up and hopefully not a stone throwing youth in sight.
- ► 2019 (139)
- ► 2018 (192)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- Epic blog consisting of the continuing Moorhen sa...
- The story of the con man continues!!
- Two baby Moorhens have hatched.
- Our destination at last..Netherwich basin Droitwic...
- Hoorah for the local police.
- Yep we've been had!
- Have we been had by a man on a motor scooter?
- Another 4 miles travelled. 16 miles left to go.
- Another 3 miles travelled, but they all count.
- A weird experiance in a loo
- When is a staircase lock not a staircase lock?
- The missing 9th lock
- Merryhill Shopping
- A bad ending to a good day!
- Des Res for Moorhens!
- The family arrive
- Making our way to Windmill End, Dudley No 2 canal
- One very scruffy Heron
- Off the beaten track
- A few picture's of Old Town Junction
- Sea Life, Birmingham
- Black Country Museum & Wolverhampton level
- Ryders Green, and Brades Locks
- Ocker Hill
- prop rubbish!
- Where's the canal gone?
- Evening Mist
- doggie rescue by.......... canoe!!
- Is this an Orchid?
- More of the boats at Pelsall
- The battleship arrives!
- Bunting up and a very embarrassing moment!
- Is this a record?
- Pelsall at last
- Spaghetti Junction from below.
- The Heron and the Pussycat
- Mooring problems!
- Alrewas on the T & M to Curdworth on the B & F
- Cliff wood Br 11 on the T & M to Alrewas
- Golden Wedding Anniversary
- RSPCA to the rescue
- ▼ June (42)
- ► 2010 (293)