About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 6 April 2022

Good news, bad news

 Had an awful night. The wind never let up and in the wee hours of the morning, one of the fenders must have moved because on every gust, FS would bang against the side. Add on Toffee freaking out, my sore throat feeling worse and the solar panels rattling, well you get the picture! By 6 am I felt cold and to add insult to injury, the stove had also gone out! Now you would think this was the bad news but no, that to come later. So first the good news. I don't have Covid. Had a negative result and this morning spoke to my daughter who mentioned that one of the Grandkids, as well as hubby who we saw last Sunday, both has come down with a cold.

And now for the really really bad news. My laptop has given up the ghost. This post has been done from my tablet so no photos and no spell check. A new laptop has been ordered from the Curry's in Burton but we wont get there by boat until Friday. Ian will then take the hard drive out of the old laptop and transfer to the new one. All I hope is for my man that can to make it work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, good luck with that Irene, you must be due some after all the bad luck you've had recently.
Ann Makemson xx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks, Ann. Things have improved, I have a new laptop...yea.

Blog Archive