About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 7 August 2020

Never seen this before.

 Well I tried! Gave some consideration to the photo problem in the new blogger layout and thought that if I went to my Themes, customise and width I may be able to centralise the photos. It worked to a degree as the photos in the new layout looked better but it completely changed the look of the old blogger way. So do I keep to this new customisation or revert to the old. I suppose as I have to use the new blogger template I may as well stick with that.

Up to make tea early this morning and noticed mist coming in through the side hatch.(We were melting last night and the doors had been left open to try and cool us down) A misty scene greeted me as I looked out.


We moved today, up two locks to moor in readiness for setting off through Blisworth tunnel on Sunday Only 48 hours mooring is permitted along this stretch, so we have to be gone by then. I rather fancy getting through the tunnel early before the rush starts!

 Went for my usual walk and came across a sight I have never witnessed before. Every thing I have read about swans said they eat grass and aquatic vegetation which include mollusc, small fish and frogs. So when this Swan was seen eating a huge fish I was flummoxed!




Wire art along the woodland walk

Southern portal of Blisworth from a different angle.
 

Its sooo hot! 32 degrees inside FS and that's with all the windows and doors open and curtains drawn to stop the sun from streaming in. I wanted to fish again but no way could I sit in the well deck or even outside. No shade at all on this mooring and although we could have moved further along to be under the trees, it would have meant (a) no TV and (b) no sun on the solar panels to keep the batteries charged. Looks like I should stop moaning and put up with it!

And this seen by the lock before ascending.

2 comments:

Bob Winters said...

It was good to meet you both at Stoke Bruerne.
I’m sure we’ll meet up again before too long!
Rob and Sue
NB Dougal

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Lovely to meet you both. It might take a while before our paths cross but I'm sure it will happen one day. Happy cruising and take care of yourselves.
Irene and Ian

Blog Archive