And yet another move. It was getting increasingly difficult to get Jade off the boat because of the low bank and how high we were in the water. The doggie board was at an alarming angle and every time Jade stepped off or on it she about fell off. So when the boat in front moved we moved one boat length forward which made some difference to how the board was positioned. Not only that but the solar panels are now in full sun.
Yesterdays BBQ was a success of sorts. Loads of corn, sausage, steak and ribs to cook. Colin left Ian to do the cooking while he mowed the lawn. All was going swimmingly when suddenly flames took hold and the whole BBQ nearly went up in smoke. Quick thinking and Ian switched off all the gas rings. Then he attempted to save the meat. Not to put finer point on it, the meat had a well charcoal flavour!! It was eaten none the less and the children really enjoyed the taste. This could be a new way of cooking the meat......burn it first!
So today was spent with the family again at Willen lake. Just 1/4 mile walk from this mooring and didn't we have a wonderfully sunny and warm day. Before we left the towpath on the park became a proper towing path. Horse with rider appeared but no long length of towing line mores the pity.
And then the pirates turned up.
The afternoon was spent enjoying ice creams and playing with the Grandchildren. Arrived back at the boat very tired but excited about Strictly starting. Bring it on.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2018 (192)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- Not all plain sailing to the Isle of Man
- Three in one go!
- Big and blue behind the trees
- Hunter and the Gatherer
- Back to the Park
- Very smelly body in a bag
- One stuck doggie
- 30 minute journey. 90 minute fill.
- King George the V1 and Winston Churchill????
- Seems we had a wasted journey
- Wonder if Natural England knows about this.
- What a farce!
- One boat length makes all the difference
- Campbell Park and Newlands were full.
- A case of Sods Law.
- That dog of ours, I despair sometimes!
- Wasn't just Blackberry picking I got involved with...
- Maybe I need to investigate another side shaft in ...
- So it appears the Angling Club are the ones trying...
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)