About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 8 May 2014

Oh misery misery


Weird red sky last night. Certainly didn't produce a Shepherds delight today!
What a miserable day and not just because of the weather.  My misery started with a toothache a few days ago and developed into stabbing pains every time I drunk and ate anything. Yesterday I phoned the dentist for an appointment but not a slot was to be had not even for an emergency. What they could offer me was a 2.30 appointment this afternoon. Having suffered in silence (although Ian would dispute that claim) I was more then thankful to arrive at the dentist and be called in time. The usual questions asked, lots of prodding, poking and tapping and then an xray confirmed that my lower back tooth R side (next to the wisdom tooth) was indeed the culprit. Seems somehow the tooth had cracked very close to the root. I was baffled as to how this could have happened and when he mentioned that some sort of trauma could have caused it my mind went back to February and the trouble I had having my R upper back teeth extracted.  I'm pretty certain I felt a hefty knock on the bottom tooth when the lady dentist had to pull down hard on the back molar. There was no way to prove it, of course, and this Dentist poo pooed the idea completly. So I was left with two options. Either have a very expensive root canal procedure or remove the tooth. I opted for tooth removal! So since February I now have 3 less teeth gracing my mouth. At this rate I'll be putting falsies in a jar by the end of the year!!




   

No comments:

Blog Archive