Gosh, they were good! The Festival of Lights at Pukapura Park and a grand sight it was too. The only problem was finding a parking spot. Not, I might add, with the Motorhomes but by a borrowed car from Marilyn's sister Dee. Driving into New Plymouth, for a city, it was remarkably devoid of revellers. I happened to make the remark to Marilyn who very quickly put me right. (a) it was a Sunday night and (b) there are not that many people living in this part of the North Island, well not compared to our overcrowded UK! We soon discovered where the city folk had gone....they were all at the Festival of Lights!
I have been reliably informed by Marilyn and David that there is no internet or phone signal where we are stopping tonight, a place called Tongaporutu (I think that's where it is. No doubt I will be corrected if I'm wrong!) So this is a short scheduled post to show the Festival.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- A green Kiwi?
- Strike three.... but came good in the end.
- Water galore. Bit much for our liking!
- Disappointment yet again
- Disappointment at Arthurs Pass
- On the road again
- Immobility continues
- Is this the longest wait EVER
- Not again!
- How many cousins?
- Soaked because of a crab
- Three Sisters and a wall of Jandals!
- Festival of Lights
- Crikey we have left New Zealand!
- No wonder the Forgotten Highway is forgotten!
- Coats needed today
- Would you get the same kind of service in the UK?
- No Prawns for us today!
- Birds eye view
- Bubbling mud pools and geysers, Geothermal Wonders...
- Te Waihou..The New Water
- Crikey that was a near miss!
- Glowworms and an unexpected cave surprise
- Oh dear,,,this is not what we expected in the moto...
- How unfit am I?
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2019 (147)
- ► 2018 (192)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)