About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 13 January 2020

Festival of Lights

Gosh, they were good! The Festival of Lights at Pukapura Park and a grand sight it was too. The only problem was finding a parking spot. Not, I might add, with the Motorhomes but by a borrowed car from Marilyn's sister Dee. Driving into New Plymouth, for a city, it was remarkably devoid of revellers. I happened to make the remark to Marilyn who very quickly put me right. (a) it was a Sunday night and (b) there are not that many people living in this part of the North Island, well not compared to our overcrowded UK! We soon discovered where the city folk had gone....they were all at the Festival of Lights!

















I have been reliably informed by Marilyn and David that there is no internet or phone signal where we are stopping tonight, a place called Tongaporutu (I think that's where it is. No doubt I will be corrected if I'm wrong!) So this is a short scheduled post to show the Festival.

1 comment:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Pukekura Park is the venue of the FoL - fabulous photos, Irene. I hope you realise David now wants a better camera than he has, and I am blaming you ...

It is a lot of fun travelling around with you and Ian, by the way!

M&Dxxoo

Blog Archive