About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 6 October 2013

I'm such a softy

Enjoying an afternoon of fishing on Friday I suddenly noticed something small struggling in the water. I wasn't a 100% sure of what it was but I just knew it was trying very hard to stay afloat. So more with curiosity then wanting to rescue the critter, I did no more then reach for it with the end of my pole. It grabbed hold of it with, what I can only assume, was a sense of relieve and pulling the pole back toward me I realised it was a cricket. Of course I had my camera and took some pictures. So these will be my 'And finally' at the end of this post.

We have had a fantastic long weekend with our son Colin and family. Our daughter-in-law Iwona's parents were visiting from Poland and it was all in aid of our grandson Oscar because it was his 5th birthday! As is typical with the Polish people,  food and drink was served continually throughout the whole of Saturday and well into the evening. Once all the kids and their parents had left after Oscars party, we finished the night playing poker. Yours truly was winning until the final hand when it was all or nothing. For me it was nothing...... as I lost every penny! We returned to the boat Sunday afternoon only to find I had a text message on my phone ( which I had forgotten to take with me ) stating that  Doug and James on Nb Chance had sailed past us and, not having receiving an answer to their hail, assumed quite rightly that we were still with the family. Such a shame we missed them by only a couple of hours! Hope to see you next year guys.

Grandson Oscar

Echo and Jade preferred the peace and quiet of the car.



Iwona's mum Vwacha, Iwona, and one of her friends ( sorry forgotten the name )

Father and son (still don't know how he grew so tall!!! I know he is standing on the patio but he still towers over Ian)

and son-in-law Kevin sitting on the wall

So here are my 'And finally':_






On its way.

3 comments:

nb Chance said...

We shall definitely catch up with you both next year, so sorry you weren't at home, although it looks like you have had a great weekend with the family. xx

roger and pat said...

We passed you as well, a bit earlier than nb Chance, who we passed at Wolverton.
Are you heading for Birmingham?
Love to meet up
Roger & Pat
The Cat's Whiskers

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Roger and Pat,
We are on our way to Birmingham and hope to get there by Wednesday 16th. On the 17th we are going to see War Horse and will probably stay in Brum for a few more days. Hopefully you will still be there by then and we could all go out for a meal together.

Blog Archive