About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Should there be speed camera's on the canal?

I feel as if I have done nothing but moan these last few days. Could be because I'm still not 100% even though I'm on antibiotics, and could be that Ian has been away in Sweden since Sunday and wont return until tomorrow. Only having to watch TV and walk the dog on the same stretch of towpath, is getting to be very boring. I cant even be bothered to fish!!! Thank God Ian returns tomorrow afternoon. Hope he brings me my Dutch Mayonnaise when he changes planes at  Schiphol Airport. My Dad came from Amsterdam and now that he is deceased,  I have no one to bring me back the goodies that I was brought up on and love so much! Anyway back to my moan for today.
 Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 4mph all we are allowed on the canals?  This boater came through the bridge at Sherbourne Wharf, passed another boat approaching the bridge at speed, and then put the revs on. Within seconds he was pushing a huge wave in front and a bigger wave at the back. No way was this 4mph!! I know this stretch of the BCN is long and mostly straight but that's no excuse to what damage he could be doing to the towpath and canal bed? I'm very glad I took the camera with me this morning so I could show you what I meant.







2 comments:

Andrew said...

Google is you answer - Have a look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1nq7R_QRk

Bruce in Sanity said...

So?

Attending a gathering doesn't justify this kind of arrogant, "I've got a working boat so I can do what I like" behaviour.

Well done Irene for showing this prat up.

Cheers

Bruce

Blog Archive