About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 22 April 2012

The 8 legged beastie in the ladies loo!

Every morning very early I take Jade out for her first 'Hurry ups', and every morning I visit the same loo in the toilet block. Last Monday morning as I entered the toilet cubical, a spider followed me in. Very disconcerting especially as I have a phobia about them. I kept my eye in it whilst sitting and pondering but  what I would have done if it had started to come towards me, is any ones guess. Anyway, I finished what I had to do, pulled the chain and keeping my back against the wall sidled past it. Would you believe the thing  followed me out!!! After washing my hands I noticed the beast had disappeared, so I hastily made my escape through the front door. Thought no more of it until Tuesday morning when, taking the dog first thing and again entering the loo cubicle, who should follow me in? Yep, the same spider. "Okay", I thought. "Don't panic, stop hyperventilating, it will be fine"!! I went through the same procedure as before, only for it to follow me out again when I had finished!!!!! I started to think this quite uncanny and then, when it happened again on Wednesday, I now started to freak out! So, on Thursday I nearly didn't go into the same cubical, but feeling quite inquisitive as to see if it would happen again,  in I went. No spider followed, thank goodness, so I started wondering if it was just coincidence. Anyway on Friday, now brimming with confidence, in I go once again only to find it waiting for me right by the loo! That was it!!! Out I rushed convinced that it was some voyeur coming back in the form of a spider. I didn't use that loo again until Sunday morning when..... there, dead with its little legs folded back against its belly, was the spider. I felt quite sorry for it and started thinking how it might have met an untimely end, when, as I was drying my hands, I just happened to look up and see another spider directly above my head. That was it!!! With thoughts of I'm never going to use this loo block again, but wanting proof of this weird tale, I just had to go back to the boat and grab the camera and show you the...Beastie in the ladies loo!

No comments:

Blog Archive