About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shoes in a pear, no, pair tree

It's amazing what you see along the towpath. There were even more shoes and boots hanging on other branch's. I would love to know what possessed the youths ( I assume its youths ) to do this.

.


I have now been told by the Consultant, when I saw him yesterday, that the injections in my spine had partially worked. The problem I am experiencing with the cramps in my feet are all down to posture!!! So his recommendation is physio to correct the way I sit and stand. All very well but standing at the back of the boat for hours on end with back straight, feet to the front, chest out and bottom tucked in, could be very tiring. I'm a bit gutted that I'm still under the hospital. Its true what they say, once you get to a certain age, you never get away from the NHS.


Chocolate cake

Talking about that 'certain age', Christine cooked me a fabulous birthday dinner yesterday, as well as making me a yummy chocolate cake. Officially my birthday is today ( only another year before it's the big six o ) and far from sitting and relaxing,  I have spent most of today scrubbing all the boat mats and runners with carpet cleaner.  The doggy smell was beginning to become extremely over powering and, as our tenant is away at the moment,  I have used the washing line in the back garden to hang them out to dry. I don't think they will be dry enough to put back in the boat tonight so Jade will, no doubt, be sliding about on the wooden floor every time she gets out of her bed. I'm relaxing now with a huge glass of wine and looking forward to the Chilli  Ian is cooking me tonight.

2 comments:

Pip said...

Happy Birthday Irene, hope you have a great day.
Pip & Roger

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Pip & Roger,
Thankyou for you kind wishes. I did enjoy my day and not having to cook dinner was a bonus.

Blog Archive