About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Not a well girl

What an awful night, You would expect, after sweating buckets last night, I would now be over the worse of this darned cold. Not so!! I'm beginning to wonder if it is flu after all. Unfortunately I couldn't stay in bed and feel sorry for myself because we were desperate to fill our water tank. We were nie on running on empty and neither of us had had a shower in days. There's only so much deodorant one can put on to mask the smell!!!So, first thing this morning, and me feeling very poorly, we turned the boat at Blisworth boat yard and made our way back to Gayton services. Thankfully, the water tap at Gayton has really good water pressure so we filled the tank in double quick time, and once Ian had emptied our loo, we set off back and managed to moor on our original moorings. Colin phoned asking how long we would be and that's when I told him I wouldn't be doing any work at his place today. Ian had to go off on his own, and I went straight back to bed. I woke up still feeling horrid and I suddenly realised that Jade hadn't been taken for her second walk. Groan!!! There was nothing for it but to get up and take her out. As usual I had my camera with me and on the way to the tunnel mouth some of the trees lining the towpath, and also several  higher up on the bank, all had red marks on them. I'm assuming they are to be felled. More wood for us to collect later if we are still here.



No photos of today's work at the extension, obviously, but if I feel well enough tomorrow to go and help once again, I'll add some photos of the progress made today.

No comments:

Blog Archive