About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 5 March 2012

Back to the grindstone

As I felt, sort of, okay this morning, I decided to go with Ian to carry on with the stairs. After all I had two days in which no photos have been posted. The most surprising part of my two missed days,was that not much had appeared to be accomplished. I'm sure it was a case of, "If the gaffers away" etc. So here are day 6 and  7's photo's.


Dining room finished.
 Is this it!!! Two days work and this is the only photo to show for it!! Okay, as in my post on the 3rd, Ian didn't actually go over to Colin's until late morning and, because he was worried about me, he came home early. Yesterday he left about 10am and replaced the automatic door closer on the garage doors, then helped Colin sort out the on suite. As it was also the day Ireland and France played in the Rugby Six Nations ( the one that was postponed because of a frozen pitch ) and Ian, being a huge Rugby fan, came home early to watch it.

Back to today and we are down to three bodies. ( Colin has gone back to work )
Ian started laying the wooden floor in the spare room. I was fully prepared to finish glossing the stairs, but it was Oscar's day off from Nursery and I had visions of him covered in white paint. I'm sure Iwona would have been none to pleased if all his clothes had white splodges on them. Instead I started on the skirting boards. Colin had already cut them to size and painting them before they were fitted was so much easier then having to do them once nailed to the walls. Once that job was completed I filled all the nail holes in the new door frames. All I need to do now is rub them down with fine emery paper ready for Iwona to start priming the frames and doors tomorrow.

Ian preparing the floor ready for boarding


Colin had laid all the skirting on the floor ready for painting.


To save my back, Ian rested the skirting board's on these work benches. It was so much easier to paint,


Iwona and Oscar unscrewing the door handles.


Finally Iwona is no longer on painting walls and ceilings. She's been promoted to door painting instead.
Baby Oliver as the foreman watching to see if mums doing it  properly!!


Spare room nearly finished.



Ian was astounded that the door frame had been put in on an angle. It means, until Colin sees the builders bodge up, he wont be able to finish the room. 

Builder came back today hoping to finish the wall. As you can see, It could still be a few more days. He's certainly taking his time!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive