About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 6 February 2012

After the slight thaw from yesterday, last night's minus temperature's has caused me no end of problems underfoot. I nearly went over twice and with the canal just a few feet away, I really didn't fancy falling onto the ice. It might be thick but even I don't think it would support my weight!! To top it all the fog was really quite dense and for the first time in ages I kept Jade close by my side. Her walk was cut short and she really wasn't happy when we turned back, but I felt it wasn't safe for me to continue. Maybe tomorrow will be better. The forecast for the next few days show a thaw during the day and sub zero temperatures overnight so I can see us still being here by next weekend. One of the other boaters told me that the drinking water tap was frozen so I think we will have to be even more frugal with our water supplies. At least the showers are working and there is still running water at the elsan disposal. ( Definitely not drinking water though!!!!) Both Ian and I are getting down to our last few clean undies so I might have to resort to what another fellow boater does, ( Heather on nb Bracken ). She washes them at the same time as having her shower!! I will leave you with a very foggy picture and another one of those what can you see in the picture.


No comments:

Blog Archive