Thought I would walk back to Gadsby Bridge this morning to see if the pony was back in it's field. I'm pleased to report it was successfully captured and none the worse for it's taste of freedom.
I cant believe that in all the times I have walked along this stretch of the Erewash tow path I hadn't seen this figure in a tree! Having stood for some considerable time trying to photograph a buzzard, I eventually went to walk away and there it was. Speaking to the locals they told me it's been there for years! I have no idea how I missed it. Must have been daydreaming every time I went past it!
Here are my attempts with my new camera. Still cant get it right! With the Northern Lights cruise in about 6 weeks time I really must try harder. If anyone has any tips on the correct settings to capture the Aurora Borealis (that's if we are lucky enough to see it) I would be ever so grateful!
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- Time out.
- Brrrrrrr..... blooming cold aint it.
- A footpath to nowhere.
- Running the Outlook
- Sandiacre Lock open day and a meeting with Richard...
- Update on Jade
- A very unwell doggie
- Top box made. I have such a clever fellow.
- Might be able to have our say about C&RT funding a...
- So....it seems we pay through the nose again!
- A Snowy theme
- More wildlife
- Tea rooms for us and the birds
- Just my wildlife today
- Changing skyline
- Got it wrong!
- Will you look at all that muck
- Some people just dont care!
- Litter brother and sister meet for the first time ...
- This made me laugh
- The Thames floods
- Cock of the North
- Surprise flood
- Great Northern welcomes Oisin
- Boat hazzard on the Erewash
- How can one miss whats in front of one?
- Escapee on the towpath
- Blue blobs springing up along the towpath
- Fast start, slow finish
- Journey back.
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)