About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Graffiti madness on the railways.

 As I took this picture I wondered how any parent would feel if they heard the awful news that one of their own had been hit and killed by a train. The graffiti on the wall in the front of the photo is literally 1 foot from the rails.  When I was growing up in the outskirts of London, the tube train ran right at the back of our garden. Only our fence separated us from the track. My brother and I was told in no uncertain terms never to attempt to go over the fence or onto the railway unless it had controlled barriers and was safe to do so. When our children were growing up we also made it very clear to them what would happen if they ventured onto the rail tracks. All I can say is these kids have no regard for their life. They obviously don't care about what it would do to their family if they ever had to endure the trauma of knowing their child was dead.




No comments:

Blog Archive