The lady at the front had jumped off and was trying to pull the boat round, while the chap at the back was reving the boat for all it was worth. After explaining that the boat was not going to make the turn, the lady and I pushed hard on the bow and manged to get it free. Meanwhile a gust of wind suddenly picked up a load of paper that was on the roof and deposited them into the canal. The lady was horrified as these bits of paper was all they had in the way of a map and without them they had no idea how to get back to Sawley on the upper Trent. In the end I told them to turn at Icknield Loop 5 minutes up the canal, come alongside our boat and Ian would show them exactly where they needed to go. So 10 minutes later they turned up. He made an excellent job of coming alongside and while the explanation was going on as to which way he should go, another gust of wind caught the bow and the inevitable happened, he was once again sideways across the canal. Thankfully the boat opposite was unoccupied so with both of them acting as fenders managed to stop the boat scraping to much paintwork from the other boat. We waved them on their way as they made a hasty retreat towards Farmers Bridge.
Later in the day I went to fetch my new reading glasses. Yesterday, on the off chance, I called in at Specsavers to see about an eye test. I was very surprised when they said they could see me then and there. Even more surprised when they told me my glasses would be ready today. So after spending £69 on the frame's (BOGOF) and having an anti glare coating put on both pairs for another £45 ( advisable if you watch TV and sit looking at a computer screen,) another £114 had came out of our boat fund. At this rate we'll have nothing left!!!
I mentioned about The Voyage, a display of dancing and acrobatics that was suppose to be on last night. Ian was all for going but with the rain bucketing down decided against it. Good job too as we heard on the news today that it had been cancelled due to the bad weather and health and safety had to take priority. He is going to try tonight but now we have high winds, health and safety may once again rear its ugly head and it it's quite likely that it may be cancelled for a second night in a row.
I will leave you with another photo of the moorings here in Brum. As you can see not another space is to be had. Boats arriving late had no where to go!
|The pink boat is the Mailbox. Type of water bus.|