About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Finally found 'Sanity Again'!

I was beginning to wonder if my task of finding nb Sanity Again would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. All I had to go on was a picture Bruce posted at the beginning of the year, giving a rough idea which part of the marina he was moored in. I eventually found  the boat very near to a mooring we had used last year.  No one appeared home when I knocked but just as I was about to leave, Shelia walked toward the boat. We had met several times before but fleetingly, so it was really great to have a decent conversation. Before I left, Shelia told me Bruce was out walking with Elanor and Sally. I made my way to the field and as I approached the entrance I nearly jumped out of my skin when a car started honking his horn right behind me.Turned out to be Christine, Kev and Josh coming for a surprise visit. So I gave them the boat keys, told them where I was moored and gave them instructions to put the kettle on. I then walked over to the field just in time to see Bruce, Elanor and Sally walking toward me. Jade and Sally circled each other, sniffed to say hello but in doing so both Elanor and myself had a  'knit one pearl one' situation with the leads. In the end Elanor took Sally away otherwise I'm sure we would have ended up tied together.It was great meeting Bruce. You don't get to meet fellow bloggers very often but when you do its like greeting an old friend. After all we choose to share our lives on the Internet so its inevitable that we get to know a lot about one another.

Bruce, Elanor and Sally

I came back to the boat to chaos!!! No, that's a bit strong really but Josh decided that every one of my possessions belonged to him. To be fair he had only just woken up (he's only two and a half) and was in a very grumpy mood. He didn't want to give anything back but, no matter, I still love him to bits regardless of what mood he is in and can forgive him anything.

Tomorrow is the day we leave for Milton Keynes. Colin would like us to arrive by Friday, but so many things are working against us. The river may be in red at Alrewas and the restrictions are still on at some of the locks, but we will try are best and see what happens.

No comments:

Blog Archive