About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 18 April 2012

The barometer keeps dropping.

Rain, rain,and more rain. Glorious wonderful rain. We need a month or more to have any hope of bringing the reservoirs up to normal levels but at least this is a start. I thought we were in for a soaking when I noticed the barometer dropping. Yesterday evening we had some very squally showers but luckily they were all in the distance.





Yesterdays showers



With the rain lashing down this morning I really didn't relish the thought of getting up and taking Jade out for the first walk of the day. Today was one of those days when she wouldn't hurry up!! By the time she finally performed I might as well have stood under the shower fully clothed I was that wet. Today was also the day of the dreaded dentist appointment. Scale by the hygienist and then a check up by the man himself. Unfortunately I have a 'deep pocket' on one of my upper molars which has given me gyp for months.  (Cant bear anything hot or cold to touch that tooth and,what is worse is, it even gives me pain when I eat any chocolate or sugary stuff.  Groan!!) I had the usual spiel of "you must floss and use mouth wash" all of which I have very good intentions of doing at the time but slowly but surly goes by the wayside. No mention though, of being able to get rid of the pain. I even mentioned removing the tooth but he categorically stated that that would be the last resort!! . So the suffering continues!!

I haven't even attempted to do any cleaning on the boat. There is always tomorrow and as Ian doesn't need picking up from the airport until Friday night, I still have plenty of time.

3 comments:

Bruce in Sanity said...

Irene, sounds like you need to change your dentist! sure regular flossing's good/essential, but what about sensitive toothpastes and stuff?

Cheers

Bruce

Jo Lodge said...

I totally agree with Bruce. It sounds like a new dentist is called for, because no one should be in pain. Did they mention toothpaste such as sensodyne, I use it and swear by it. If you have a deep pocket surely they can do something???
We are having lots of heavy April showers up here on the Llangollen and it is fantastic. I just hope that the East Midlands is getting the same.

Hope all is good with you apart from your tooth. Hugsssssssssss Jo xx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hello Bruce and Jo

I would love to change my dentist Unfortunatly the hygienist at the practice is the only one for miles around that will scale and clean my teeth without resorting to the dreaded ultrasonic instruments. Cant bear that tingling sensation. Trust me, I have asked many a practice if they will hand scale but all have said no, its to time consuming.

Blog Archive