- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
Some maths for you to work out!
Don't get me wrong, NHS walk in centres are one of the best things around for us boaters who are constantly on the move. Nearly all the Urgent case centres ( as they are called here in Milton Keynes) have more or less been running like clockwork. Not so today!! This morning Ian decided that I was getting worse again instead of better. He called the centre to see if it was worth me going in. After all, the journey from Blisworth to the clinic is over 20 mile away and what we didn't want was to get there and then be told nothing could be done. Anyway he was told to bring me in. We arrived at 9.20 am. I counted 11 people already waiting in front of me. After 10 minutes a doctor came and called one of the 11. After 5 minutes the guy came out and then we waited and waited and waited. 20 minutes later the doctor came out and called the next person in. The receptionist estimated the wait from the time I arrived would be 45 minutes. So, how on earth can that add up???? Doctor sees one person every 20 minutes for 5 minutes. I was then number 10 on the list How many minutes will it take before it would be my turn to be seen???? Needless to say I didn't bother to stay!!! Ian then drove me all the way back to the boat where once again I will continue to treat myself from our medicine cabinet. After a quick cup of coffee Ian drove the 17 miles back to 'The House' to continue working. So once again no photos today!! As its raining this morning I wonder if Dennis will turn up to complete the garden wall. I hope he does for his sake. Colin might be my son but he can get quite het up if things don't go his way. I wonder who he takes after????
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- 36 boats and still counting.
- A defunct camera
- The mob arrive.
- Rugs, Rats and haircuts.
- Shoes in a pear, no, pair tree
- Not a good idea to stalk this!!!
- Look a clean and clutter free roof
- A mammoth cruise
- T'was a longish day
- Do you think this needs reporting?
- Leaving a foggy Swarkstone after wood gathering
- We meet another blogger.
- Long Buckby to Hillmorton
- Our last day in Milton Keynes
- What a Catastrophic day
- For me, a day of rest.
- Oooh Ian! Thats a big one :)
- Oops. In trouble with the neighbours.
- One very ill little boy.
- Family visit and a picture teaser for you.
- And yet another dog rescue
- My scary moment in the tunnel.
- And now for the garden.
- Some maths for you to work out!
- Day 9 & how can these guys call themselves carpent...
- Back to the grindstone
- Groan..... Still feeling lousy.
- Not a well girl
- Day 5 and it's amazing what one finds on the towpa...
- Day 4
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)