About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 10 March 2012

And yet another dog rescue

Its funny how one happens to be in the right place at the right time. This boat was just preparing to moor, when their small black dog, which had been running up and down the roof  barking at all and sundry, jumped clean of the roof  and fell down in between the bank and the boat. Thankfully one of the men was getting ready to tie the boat because I hate to think what would have happened to the dog if he hadn't been there. I like to think that maybe I would have come to its rescue.



This morning Ian left to carry on with the work at Colin's. He is still cutting skirting and the next major job is tiling the bathroom. As my work is done for the time being, ( I'm waiting for a shredder to arrive next week sometime to get rid of all the branches ) I felt it would be pretty pointless for me to sit and twiddle my thumbs watching them work, when I could be getting on with jobs that has been neglected for over two weeks. ( Cleaning baking etc.). On one of Jades walks I came across this boat. I was extremely proud of our duck family. Over the years more and more ducklings have appeared and now we have a total of 4 ducklings.



First there were 2

Then there was 4

Then along came NB Robin. The ducks and ducklings on the roof has put mine to shame. I do think the boat name is all wrong though. Should have been called Quackers!!


Wrong name for the boat don't you think?


1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

I do so hate it when you see dogs running up and down the roof, because I am always worried that the same thing would happen as it did in front of your eyes. Dog owners need to have their dogs on leads even on the boat, because you never know what they will do. Thankfully Paddy goes to bed when we are on the move. Jo x

Blog Archive