About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Day 2. Still laying floors

Another early start. I am so  going to miss my lie In's in the mornings if this keeps up. My task today was to prime the stairs with a water based primer, and then, once dry, rub all the paintwork down again ready for a second coat tomorrow. And it did take me all day. Upstairs was a nightmare. I had to stretch as far as I could go to paint the bannister's above the stairs. and it didn't help when Ian and Colin kept disturbing my efforts. Both Ian and Colin are making slow, but steady progress on laying the floor. Their excuse, to many fiddly bits! I put it down to being too particular and, of course, the many tea breaks that they have to stop for!
With the lads busy with the flooring, Colin's builder has given Colin two labourers to dig out the footings for the garden wall. Great for Ian because it means no digging and no bad back!!! However, he will be needed to lay the decking, and a lot of soil will need shifting to make the levels right. This to be done at a later date.

Now Colin, remember what I told you. Make sure its straight..


Your doing such a good job I'll leave you to it, Son!


Doing the fiddly bit.


The fourth coat of paint going on. Iwona had more paint on her then on the ceiling


The footings dug out ready for the garden wall.


No comments:

Blog Archive