About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Poland final part

I very nearly got myself killed! Sounds dramatic but it was a fact! Easy mistake....anyone visiting a foreign country could have done the same thing. You see I forgot to look right when crossing the road, I looked left instead! Thought it was all clear and stepped out which was fine until I reached the middle. I should have then looked right. Lots of loud hooting and verbal abuse from the driver, understandable, and looks of horror on my families faces! Did I feel an idiot? You bet I did!

To continue the Polish visit Colin and Iwona took us to Nowy Sacz town centre. The square offered a lovely place to chill out and watch the boys playing by the fountain whilst indulging in an ice-cold beer.






This was a great idea. Water is sprayed between the posts, a great way to cool off.


 St Margaret's church was also visited.


 As the day got hotter a suggestion of a walk by the river was made so the boys could have a paddle.

Dunajec River

The visit wouldn't be complete without a BBQ.



The fire pit lit, although we didn't really need it for the heat. Still to humid a night for that but there is something about staring into flames.....




The final day was spent at the lakes. Boys with no# son went swimming. Such a great end to the visit. One slight hitch though (and thankfully found before we left for the airport) a flat tyre.






Now all that is left to do is pack and get the Wizz Air flight home.

And wildlife. Even the pigeons needed to keep cool.








3 comments:

Tom and Jan said...

Hang on Irene... am I missing something? "I forgot to look right when crossing the road, I looked left instead!" Don't they drive on the right in Poland. In which case you WOULD look left first!!!!!! You look to the right first when vehicle use the left side of the road.

Carol said...

What a lovely place you visited Irene.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Yes Tom you are right but without going into a massive amount of detail on the blog I had already crossed to the middle and was nearly at the pavement when it happened. In that case, I should have looked right to see the oncoming traffic but continued looking to the left instead.

Blog Archive