About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 12 April 2019

Bad influence maybe?

Today we stayed at Sawley and very glad of it too as I woke this morning with a raging slight headache and feeling a bit worse for wear. Tad too much Merlot drunk yesterday me thinks! We were only going to Daves micropub for a quick pint, took two attempts to get in mind as we arrived at the door at 3pm only to discover the opening time was at 4! Anyway, I'm not a massive fan of real ale, even after a taster of a pale ale offered, it just wasn't for me. So, of course, it stood to reason that wine would be more to my liking.


That quick pint turned into 3 pints for Ian and 3 glasses of wine for me. We had a call from Alan and Carol and knowing we were at The Lockkeeper Rest they did a 30-minute walk from Trent lock to see us.  It was nearer 6.30pm before we left, us back to FS and them the 30-minute walk back home.  The night was still young so after cooking dinner (I'm amazed the fajitas didn't get burnt), another bottle of wine opened for me and more beer drunk by Ian. Will we ever learn when to stop? Nop is the answer to that! So I blame them both for my sore head this morning although really it was the extra booze during the evening that was the fault. We are due to see them again tonight, I had better make sure the painkillers are near to hand for tomorrow! 

 
Todays wildlife.



 

2 comments:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Irene darling,
I am so relieved that you didn't blame me as the bad influence...
Mxxoo

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

I would have done if you had been here and as you wasn't I had to blame someone. Of course, it's never me that's at fault as I just go with the flow. (:
Xxx

Blog Archive