About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 16 April 2019

A record maybe?

Okay...so I wasn't going to post anymore, staying in one place can be a bit mind numbing and I felt sure I would have nothing to say. But.....saw this and I felt I had to share. Admittedly it is of wildlife but I was amazed at what I saw.

 So the question is, How many ducklings can get under mums wings?

One???

Two??

Six??


 Ah, and then a few more makes an appearance

Hmmm, Fifteen in all but then....

OMG...Nineteen Ducklings. Where did she hide them all?


Come along children, Nothing to be frightened of!


And after their swim, time for a snooze. All got under except for one.


We have also managed to get on dry dock. Nearly drained of all the water when a Robin came for a bath.








Getting rid of the crud!

7 comments:

Paul Clark said...

Hi Irene

It looks like that Mallard has inherited another's brood - let's hope some survive, because as you know the attrition rate is high.

Please do keep on posting when you are able - there's always wildlife to record, even if you need to dust off your macro lens.

With best wishes to you both.

Paul

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Paul, She is the only Mallard here above the lock at Langley Mill basin so I'm pretty sure they are all hers. You are right about plenty of wildlife around here. Saw a Muntjac running by the pump house opposite our boat last night. Too dark to get a good photo though, mores the pity. No doubt I will post a few macro photos of bugs when the weather warms up. Xx

Barbara said...

Beautiful pictures! I have to admit the robin is my favourite little bird.

Take care xx

Alison said...

She is going to be one busy Momma. Fabulous pictures, thanks for sharing :)

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Yep, keep posting - it's not just the boaty stuff that is interesting, Irene.

Mxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics Irene, we saw a duck with 15 down on the K&A, but 19 must be a record!
Although sadly they may not all survive, as they seem to mysteriously disapear.
Your wildlife photographs are the best, you must be very vigilant to spot all those opportunities immediately.
So often shots are los,t because the creatures disapear before I can press the button, especially Kingfishers.
Ann Makemson x

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thank you Ann. It is so nice when my photos are liked as sometimes I feel that maybe I put on too many. You have restored my faith in myself. Xxx

Blog Archive