About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 27 April 2013

The chaos continues

Ian has been busy in ECP&DA work shop marking out and cutting one side of the new work surface in readiness to replace the sink while I have been attempting to remove the tiles from around the sink and cooker area. I don't know if its the norm but our boat builder used Evo stick on the back of the tiles instead of tile adhesive and it was a right B to remove. I had to resort to a big hammer and a chisel and had to forget about keeping the tiles whole. Every one shattered with bits of tile ending up right across the boat. Ian had also turned off the water and unfortunately only filled the kettle and a 2 pint jug thinking that would be sufficient but he forgot about washing hands and flushing the loo! Hey ho the joys of living on a boat. Tomorrow Ian will tackle the cooker area and because we will have nothing to cook on we will just have to eat out. Shame.


New work surface and sink in place.

4 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

Wow you two are busy. Just keep thinking it will look amazing. Mmmm Evo stick to glue tiles on, that is a new one on me hahaha. I wonder if he ran out of tile adhesive LOL.
Poor Jade, but she will come home to a new home and I am sure she will be glad to see you both.

Hope the scan goes well and you can get cruising. Hugss Jo xxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Jo,
Work is progressing but slowly. Jade is due home tomorrow but I cant see it being finished by then. Never mind I'm sure she will adapt.

Hope u
you get sorted with your invertor.

Love to you both

Irene

Xxxxxxxx

Bill.S said...

Safety glasses Irene? Don't want you in A&E.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Your quite right Bill. Ian made me put my glasses on after the photo was taken.

Irene

Blog Archive