About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 6 April 2013

Cancelled weekend.

It's typical, plans made months ago has had to be cancelled. I was so looking forward to my trip to Evesham for Ian's brother 70th Birthday party. A 2 hour boat trip along the River Avon with lunch thrown in sounded fun especially as all the family would be attending. Yesterday I woke with sever abdominal pains. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis a couple of years ago and wondered if I was having a flair up. By tea time the pain was so sever Ian drove me to Long Eaton Health center where, in the past, it had been a walk in center. That had closed down!! The receptionist sent us to Stapleford  where he assured us that I would be seen. Wrong. That had closed down too!! So the only other place was at Ilkeston hospital. By now it was getting on for 7.30pm so back in the car and off  we went again only to be told on arrival at Ilkeston that this was now a minor injury unit and we would have to go to Nottingham Queens Medical center or Derby Royal Hospital in Derby. By now I had had enough and made Ian take me back to the boat. After experiencing a pretty rough night, I decided that there was no way I could travel to Evesham. I persuaded Ian to go as, after all, its an important birthday for his brother, but I have strict instructions to phone him if I need him back! Instead of staying at Evesham Ian will drive back tonight. So now, while dealing with the spasms, I'm doing something that goes completly against the grain. Watch daytime TV!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

Oh my, hope you feel better soon, if not just get an ambulance out to you!

Mind you, daytime TV should numb the pain!

H xxxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Heth,

Can daytime TV numb the pain? Numbs the mind more like!!! Ian gave me strict instructions to phone for an ambulance if I got any worse. So far I'm holding my own, no better but no worse. Have to take Jade out later for a short walk so hopefully getting out of the boat will help.

Irene
Xxxx

Anonymous said...

Well I suspect daytime TV might perhaps numb anyone's brain first.

Stage 2 is hopefully a knock on (out) effect with the pain...!

This is based on the complex theory that one's brain controls the pain. If stage one doesn't work, try Radio 4 or the Parliament channel - sorted..

Hxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Heth,

Sounds like a good plan(:

Xxxx

KevinTOO said...

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain Irene. My mother also suffers from diverticulitis so I'm aware of how dibilitating and painful it can be for the sufferer.
If you need driving anywhere or if Jade needs walking give me a call.
Kevin xx & Harry xx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Kevin,
Wow I really appreciate the offer but Ian will be home tonight and I must say the spasms are getting less. Jade got her short walk by the river this afternoon but all she wanted to do was come back to the boat. She knew her dinner was waiting! Say hi to your mum from me. Maybe we should get together and compare notes(:

Irene Xxxxx

James said...

Aaaarrggghhhhh no not daytime telly!!:-)

Seriously dad suffered from it as well but the lovely docs in Wales took years to do anything about it so he has had to go through some rather major ops over the last couple of years

KevinTOO said...

Hi Irene,
Following from my previous post are you aware of these links:

http://www.derbycitypct.nhs.uk/local-health-services/derby-community-services/walk-in-centre.aspx
and
http://www.nhs.uk/service-search

How are you feeling today, my mum sends you her best wishes and says you are welcome to call her anytime. I'll email you her phone number if you want it.

Best wishes,
Kevin xx & Harry xx

Blog Archive