About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 8 September 2011

spiders everywhere.

It must be that time of the year. I have already ejected 4 spiders from under the cratch and had to destroy 2 small spider nests. I hate doing that because spiders are great for getting rid of those pesky insects, but the thought of hundreds of baby spiders invading the boat sends shivers down my spine.  I left this one where it was. Its on the outside so wont be suddenly appearing from behind the TV and frightening the living daylights out of me!
We have now moved from a 48 hour to a 14 day mooring here in Alrewas. Ian caught the bus back to Branston to fetch our car and I decided that some baking was in order. What a disaster!!! My bread went flat and I burnt the rock cakes. Ian, bless him, said that he would eat the cakes anyway, and he was sure the bread would make lovely toast..Just hope I don't end up giving him belly ache!
This afternoon we had a nice surprise. Paul and Sally on Nb Sophie arrived and moored directly in front of us. They are part of the ECP&DA and moor at Langley Mill.  We just had to get the chairs out and crack open a few beers. After all that's what boating is all about, Isn't it?

 While chatting away this pigeon landed on our new solar panel.Not exactly the mascot we would have preferred. Ian's always fancied a meercat. Simples!



No comments:

Blog Archive