About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Now I know its Autumn

Although on some books Autumn doesn't officially start until Sept 21st,  the birds are already gathering in trees and on telegraph wires. I watched flocks of starlings picking at the elderberries, no doubt in preparation of the migration to come. Even the Canada geese came flying in to land at the water park and here's me thinking they stay in our country all year round. Maybe I'm wrong.



Hundreds of Starlings all in a row.


Canada Geese preparing to land.


Starlings feasting while they can.


Our plans have changed yet again. We are still waiting on a parcel to arrive at Christine's so its yet another day here at the park. I'm a little loath to admit that we have already been on this mooring for over 48 hours, but whether the parcel arrives  tomorrow or not, we are definitely going to move. On a plus side we haven't had to battle the strong winds today. Even my begonias came a cropper when a particularly strong gust blew them over and very nearly tipped them over the side. Thank goodness I shot out when I heard the noise on the roof. They are now located in a more sheltered place.

No comments:

Blog Archive