About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 2 September 2011

Another visit by the family!

Today was one of those days when I woke up with great plans for the day ahead. Now that we only have one woofit I decided to move Jade to the other side of the boat and place our table where Jades bed was. So I removed all Jades bedding, spread it outside and sprayed it with a pet odour eater to sweeten it all up. Then armed with mop and bucket I washed floors and woodwork ready for the move. Well, I shifted the table, moved the stools and placed Jade's bed by Ian's chair. Then I stood back to admire the new layout. What a let down. Somehow it looked all wrong. Ian agreed with me so after a cup of tea to drown my sorrow, I moved it all back again! One good thing came out of it, the boat is now squeaky clean.
Not long after, I got a phone call from Christine. Could she come and visit with Echo, Jades sister, and Josh our 2 year old Grandson. I  groaned to myself as I had visions of my lovely clean boat now being covered in more Labrador hair and lots of sticky fingers marks from Josh!! I must say, though, that although I now had tumble weed of dogs hair again wafting around the lounge, Josh behaved himself wonderfully, a credit to Christine's discipline and upbringing.
Josh wearing Ian's hat! Echo is in the background.

Ian is progressing nicely with the frame for the solar panel and guess what? Still no swearing!!! Tomorrow we move to the moorings outside the water park. As Ian has finished doing all the noisy stuff ie:- drilling and sawing, of which this mooring was perfect, we felt it would be easier for us to leave the car in their car park instead of on the road by bridge 34, and as Ian pointed out we'll be nearer to the ice cream van when it arrives tomorrow!!! We may well stay for the weekend because on Monday we want to purchase 10 bags of coal from a man with a can. He dropped a flyer off to us on Thursday. Unfortunately I have no name or web address for him. He brings diesel delivered to your boat in cans at 85p a ltr. Ian asked about the diesel bug and he assured us that he treats every new delivery  to stop the bug forming. I cant put a link on as I need a URL so instead I will copy what he has on his card. I should also point out that he works from Barton Turns on the T and M.

DIESEL-IN-A-CAN
Delivered direct to your Boat
(20Ltr Drums)

Call: 07970 893245

Also available: Smokeless Coal,
Firelighters, Sticks and Logs.

Email
dieselinacan@hotmail.co.uk

At the time of writing this his smokeless coal was £8.50 a bag. He assures us that on his next delivery the price will go up so if you are in the vicinity now's the time to buy your fuel.

No comments:

Blog Archive