About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 1 September 2011

We badly need rain!

To think we were at Branston water park just before the IWA festival in July and then it was the dreaded algae that we had to contend with in the lake. Now the problem is low water. No blue green algae thank goodness, so Jade was able to have a swim, more like a paddle actually, as these pictures show just how low the water levels have got.


The water would go right up to the reeds in the distance and all you could usually see of the island was green stuff!


This fishing peg almost had the water lapping against the wood.


Parent swans chasing off their signet maybe??? Still enough in the lake for the water fowl.
 In my last post I mentioned that Ian was about to start making a frame for the solar panel. Well he's started and so far not a swear word to be heard!! Long may it continue!!!

Just about to start


Now how shall I do it? 


Okay, lets start by cutting the aluminium.
 While Jade was basking in the sun,( I wouldn't let her on the boat until she had dried off after her swim ) a rabbit put in an appearance. Stupid dog just watched it even though I told her to go fetch. She looked at me and I could almost here her saying "its too much like hard work"!

Me chase the wabbit? Don't be daft mum!!!

Okay, just for you I'll look interested.

No comments:

Blog Archive