About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 21 November 2018

All in a spin.

The leaf problem at this time of year, well I had a tip from Debby nb Chuffed which I thought I would share as it turned out to be a good 'un.

 Don't know if it is a peculiarity of our prop, but we only have to put the engine into neutral and the leaves just drop off - it's much less hassle than going into reverse. 

 It worked and so much easier so massive Thanks Debby for that tip.
 

Went to grab the milk from the fridge and went all light headed again. Only when I tilt my head to the left does this happen so I'm getting a bit worried that I may have a middle ear infection. Note to myself, phone the doctors as soon as we get back to Sandiacre. (And get flu jabs!)

Ian did almost all of the helming from Fradley to Branston Water Park. Apart from taking over when at a lock, I sat inside in the warm. By the time we arrived some 4 hours later that man was like an iceberg! Gave him a bowl of my homemade Leek and Potato soup which thawed him out somewhat but the sooner we can share the helming again the better it will be for Ian.

Just a few photos of the journey to show and a fisticuff fight between two female ducks.

Leaving Fradley and yet another moored boat on the landing!


New Marina under construction




Alrewas river lock ahead

Normal river conditions even after all that rain.



Leaving the river section at Wychnor lock

Such a pretty setting. Tattenhill Lock

Building in progress at Branston

All this green belt land at Branston is for development.
And those ducks,







No comments:

Blog Archive