About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 14 October 2018

Down the engine 'ole.

Well well well, I surprised myself today. Did something I had been wanting to do for a while but always made some excuse not to do it. When you have a 'man that can' this job is normally left to the man, although I know of at least two ladies that can do the job equally as well. (Jaq and Marilyn) and I expect there are many more. A necessary task that is needed to keep the engine in tip-top condition, so what is it...why an oil change of course. Ian kept me on the straight and narrow supervising the whole thing and I must say I found it easier than I had thought. So I'm going to give myself a pat on the back and a gold star for a job well done.






Today is our last day here at Lechlade as tomorrow we set off to go South. I suppose we could have left after the oil change but its been raining nearly all day. Although the river hasn't risen there is a definite flow to it so I'm wondering if the weir sluices have been dropped to allow for more water down. Should make the journey downstream quicker than when we came up.

The swans are still training the youngsters so took a few more photos.





2 comments:

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

I am having a blog catch up evening!! The first time changing the oil is always the most difficult. You will soon be a dab hand at it.

I must say Kingfishers certainly aren't shy around you are they? Your pictures of them are marvelous Irene! Every little color in their plumage comes up. Lovely!!

Love Jaq xxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Jaq, I must say I felt a massive achievement when I had completed the task. Yesterday Ian showed me how to change the oil filter, another tick of the list. Those Kingfishers always give a high chirp as they fly past. That's when I go into hunt mode and try and see where they land with camera ready. Hope your feeling much better now, especially that arm of yours. Take care and much love from us both. Xxx

Blog Archive