About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 9 August 2015

Such a busy life one has.

Lovely and secluded thats what this mooring is. We do get the walkers and very occasionally a family of cyclist coming along the Thames path but they are few and far between and it's always nice to pass the time of day.


 Really quite tiring doing nothing all day. I speak for myself you understand, as Ian has been checking batteries and dealing with the rust spots on the cabin top. I just about stirred myself to go for a walk along the Thames path this morning before returning to an afternoon of fishing. No excitement at all whilst sitting with rod in hand, no idiots trying to kill themselves jumping from one boat to another or strange looking craft sailing by, just the elusive Kingfishers to keep me on my toes. Managed a better shot of it and with the new camera to boot!






Going to have another BBQ now, we may as well while the weather holds. Doesn't look to promising in the days to come but hey ho, it is the UK after all.



 Be sad to leave this lovely place but tomorrow we must pull pins and continue the journey south. A stop in Abingdon for a few essentials and maybe, if we get a good mooring, will stay for another day.

So the critters seen on my walk this morning. The bugs photos are on my wildlife blog








No comments:

Blog Archive