About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 2 May 2015

Dont think I'll make a sign writer somehow.

 Before I do any of this blog I must congratulate William and Kate on the birth of their new daughter. Really wonderful news and what a refreshing relief from all that election hype. 

So yesterday afternoon was spent with Alan and Angela. We happened to walk past Wild Side Preserves and the Jam Butty and purchased some more of their excellent jams. Couldn't go past the Homebrew boat without chatting to Barry again. He produced a small sachet to add to Vodka which  left to mature for a short while would end up tasting like Ian's favourite tipple JD. Ian had no hesitation in purchasing the sachet.

Late afternoon saw us heading for The Gardeners Arms to partake of their excellent meals and the good selection of real ale. Saying farewell to Alan and Angela after the meal we made our way to the beer tent and listened to a good Blues band Chicago Bytes. Ian's a dark beer man so tried the dark ale Dark Swan and found it much to his liking. I stuck to my favourite tipple, a glass of Merlot or two or three..........


Dull and dismal day welcomed us this morning. Even had some rain, what a shame for the start of the festival. Ian took himself off to Aldi to buy the Vodka and immediately mixed in the sachet of flavouring on his return. Tonight might be a good 'un for Ian.

Then on went the thermals, coats, hats, gloves (yes it really was that cold) and made our way to the park. Took loads of photos as usual and just a small selection for you to peruse.



Another waterway trader Festina Lente


AREANDARE displaying it's wears. Ian on a mission to chat with Barry

Now I wonder where Captain Ahab is off too?????

WW1 &WW2 traveling museum


Wildside preserves on sale

Blessing of Upwych Pit

Blessing of the Upwych Brine Pit to make it flow - that was done by Richard de Wych in 1248.

Somehow I was coerced into trying my hand at sign writing. Why Ian volunteered me when he knew how hopeless I was it anything artistic is beyond me. Still always wanting to try something new I gave it a go and a right pigs ear I made of it too! See Ian I told you so!!!

First two sevens were done by the sign writer.

arghhhhh

Medieval re-enactment for the children.




Whats a dodgem car doing on the towpath? Enough trouble dodging mad cyclists!

Inauguration of the 2115 mural designed by students from Wilton Middle School. It relates to Droitwich Royal Charter of 2015 and has been painted by the local community. Unveiled by Counselor  Bob Brooks Mayor of Droitwich Spa



Different theme every year.This year depicting the Magna Carter.
.

2 comments:

Halfie said...

I think there might be something wrong with those dates.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Ah........ Thanks Halfie I see what you mean! 2115????? Slightly ahead of myself (:

Blog Archive