About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 13 July 2020

Not quite the end of our troubles.

6pm on Friday and son Colin came to take us and frozen goods to his place at Shenley Church End. Question asked before we left, could we stay and with a positive reply, we quickly packed a bag. I can't describe the wonderful greeting we had from the grandsons but oh so strange not to be able to give them big hugs.

The weekend was spent playing games with the boys, and for the first time since our own kids were small, I played a game of football! Put into the goal because of my lack of stamina and where I could do the least damage to myself, I managed to save more than I let in so gave myself a pat on the back!

Now don't you all go and get jealous but somehow I have managed to secure a hairdressing appointment at Fenny Stratford. Yep, you could have knocked me down with a feather and its all thanks to Ian for saying "You'll never know if you don't try".With the hairdresser so near to the canal, we hope to be able to get onto the 48-hour mooring for tomorrow and, as luck would have it, Ian found a walk-in barber close by too.

On the return to FS on Sunday afternoon, the first thing Ian did was check the tracking details for the Fridge delivery on Monday. Anytime after 12.45pm so at least there was no panic on getting the fridge defrosted. This morning we pulled out the fridge, switched it off and within an hour the fridge was ready to leave FS. Managed to get it out through the front doors, it went easier than I expected and not as heavy either.


 Then just as I was preparing lunch the phone went. It was the delivery guys so Ian was dispatched to the gate to let them in. Very impressed with their service as not only did they bring the fridge to FS but also helped to carry it on board. Strict instructions were left not to switch it on for a couple of hours, the coolant fluid needed to settle.

The plug had to be removed so the wire could go through the hole in the cupboard.


Tomorrow we leave the marina and make tracks for Fenny Stratford. We were just congratulating ourselves on no more problems to sort out when I went to the bathroom, flushed the loo and realised it wasn't working. Nooooo.....not something else to go wrong. My man that can lay down on his side, head inside the cassette cupboard, fiddled with the cassette electrics and then pushed the flush button. To his horror discovered it was working perfectly okay as the disconnected water hose sprayed water all over his head. Did I laugh???? Well, what do you think!

2 comments:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

How could you laugh at my friend Ian when loo water gave him a shower? You mean woman - even I wouldn't laugh at that ...

Mxxoo

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

No no Marilyn, not the loo water but the fresh water flush and I would still have laughed if it had been the former. (: Xxx

Blog Archive