About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 16 July 2020

Just a short journey.

Job done, a haircut at last. Gone a bit shorter than I would normally but all credit to the hairdresser managing to give me some sort of style 'cos I had hacked bits off the side and back leaving one side shorter than the other. And as for my attempt at the fringe....


So today we would have moved. TV and internet were hopeless at that mooring, even the satellite didn't work. When a space became available Ian took FS about 5 boat lengths nearer to the lock, still on the 14 day mooring so if necessary we could stay longer.


 I was out at the time, walked to Tesco for birthday cards. There was I perusing the cards when this women almost pushes me out of the way to get to a card. I was horrified and in no uncertain terms told her if she was that desperate to get to a card I would step back and let her get on with it. She looked at me gone out until I mentioned the 2-meter rule and keeping one's distance. She tutted and walked off. Honestly, what is it with some people. I'm wearing mask and gloves allegedly to protect the likes of her, but then why isn't she wearing any to protect me? Anyway, the reason for the delayed in setting off is because our son has asked us to go out for a meal with them tonight. We may leave tomorrow but then again we may not. Lovely to be able to let the days pass by without any plan.

Went bug hunting this morning,









No comments:

Blog Archive