About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 13 April 2020

Self isolation day 11

April 12th

Slept late and got up late. Dam, and here were we wanting to be up early and get the painting done.  The weather was set to change which would have stuffed up our plans for today. Thankfully, as it turned out, the day stayed dry.

Very noticeable was the lack of traffic on the road above. Maybe people are finally listening to what was being said about staying home. Or, as Ian was quick to point out, the supermarkets were shut today because it's Easter Sunday.

Didn't expect Howard to come and see us again! I don't think he realises that he shouldn't come to visit. Seems he finds it difficult to understand that we could be infectious and therefore a danger to himself. I was in the workshop painting the seats when he popped his head around the door. I jumped back and told him not to come near. Probably took him by surprise, me being as abrupt as I was. I did apologise and tell him I was concerned about his welfare.


Had bacon sarnies for lunch. Made a nice change from Tuna or cheese.

Ian washed down and then got rid of any loose paint from the back deck. Lots of red spots appeared when he applied the Red Oxide. Last but not least the primer was painted around the edge as only this part would show once the anti-slip mats were replaced.




Found another free to air U Tube theatre production. This was thanks to a comment left by Marilyn. Every Thursday The National Theater releases a new play and last Thursday Jane Eyre was streaming. That could well be our viewing tonight.

Tried the conference video app Zoom. Gosh, it took much working out and then as the host, I finally managed to invite Ian to join the meeting, Much hilarity followed as we chatted by computer and Ian choosing different backgrounds to amuse me.  Us geriatrics were only trying this for one thing, to video call the family and see all the grandchildren. A successful 'meeting took place at 6.30pm with Colin, Iwona, Oscar and Ollie and Christine, Kev, Josh and Thomas. Proves us old 'uns can still do technology.

Sat in the Sun early afternoon and watched spiders catching their lunch. Sad I know but although I can't stand them on me, I find them fascinating.





And found another discarded Alderfly nymph case.





6 comments:

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

Have you forgotten the "I J Photos" copyright message today?

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks for pointing that out Paul, I Hadn't noticed it was missing. I must have unticked the box somehow.

Jennie said...

I watched Jane Eyre Easter Sunday afternoon - it is long, but I really enjoyed it. Very minimal props/scenery and a masterful performance by the actors.

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

A discarded alderfly nymph case - be still, my beating heart! The excitement is proving too much ...
I'd think it would be more exciting watching my sourdough non-starter fail to resurrect, frankly, darling :-(

Love the paint job, by the way. And very well done on Zooming, you clever people!

Mxxoo

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

We haven't watched it yet Jennie, but need to before the time is up.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Marilyn, Any sort of excitement is welcome and if that is a nymph alderfly case found then so be it.(: Hmmm, Am I beginning lose my mind 'cos I stand for ages looking at a nesting box in hopes to see the Blue Tit? Comes to something when that is the highlight of the day!

Keep staying safe

Sending hugs

Xxx

Blog Archive