About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 23 September 2013

A fantastic time was had by all. (even though we did all get very wet)

I can honestly say this was the most fun I have had in a long time! At first the nerves nearly got to me and I almost chickened out, especially when a group returned from the rafts looking like drowned rats. The instructors were brilliant and made the whole experience one to remember. So here are some of the photos taken, some from a professional photographer and others from the family watching.

Looking very very nervous.

L to R.... Iwona (daughter-in-law), Colin (son), me, Ian and Alan (Ian's brother)

The sixth person to make up the boat numbers and in the white helmet in the front was Kevin,  our daughter Christine's partner

What have I let myself in for!




Yes thats me in the water. The first to go in. Ian fell in with me so gave me a bunk up helping hand. Iwona was pulling me back in the raft.









Point of no return!!!!










k






Wedged fast. Took at least 5 minutes to free ourselves. Instructor had to get out!

Then Alan fell in!


Back at last.


Time for a hot shower.

2 comments:

nb Chance said...

Looks like great fun and you obviously had a good time!

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Doug and James,
I would do it again tomorrow if I could. You both should try it, it's the most amazing fun. Xxx

Blog Archive