About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 3 May 2013

Wildlife in miniature


I have a new macro lens. It takes photos from 3cm to 7cm and it's amazing. Trying to take hand held photos is not easy as the picture keeps drifting in and out of focus as you move. With a tripod its fabulous . Tomorrow I go on a photo workshop in the Peak district. A group of us will be taken to a secret location to photograph wild orchids. It means a lot of walking and lying or kneeling on the ground but I'm sure it will be worth it. Hopefully if my photos turn out okay and I can try out the new lens.
Sunday is also another milestone for Ian and me. We will have reached our 40th ( Ruby ) wedding anniversary. Ian has always joked that if he had 'done me in' when he first married me he would now be a free man! I always tell him its better the devil you know etc etc.

This spider is the size of a 6mm ( 1/4") screw head


Tiny spider skeleton ( smaller then the one above )

It was probably the other spiders mate.

I just love my lens!!!!


1 comment:

James said...

Lens envy :-)

I've got an older Olympus 4/3 digital SLR. I'm hoping to buy an adapter and see if I can find some second hand OM lenses when we get to London, they will have to be used with manual focus and the viewfinder is a bit on the small side but worth a go.

Have a good trip, look forward to lots of new photos

James

Blog Archive