About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 26 May 2012

Update on the kestrels

First of the chicks to show an appearance. I have been desperately trying to get a picture of the kestrel bringing in food and today the hours of waiting have paid off. Its a shame the photos are not as sharp as I wanted but I got all excited when the Kestrels arrived and I must have been to quick with taking the picture without focusing first.

First glimpse of the chick

Looks like a mouse being passed from one to another.

One of the pair on it's way out to another foraging trip



 I took Jade out early this morning in the hope that I might get a few more pictures. I was rewarded by these.

Waiting patiently for its mate.


Its mate arrives with anther tasty morsel

Again the focus is all wrong but at least the vole can be seen

You can just see the tip of the birds tail
 
I wont see the baby's f ledge, more the pity, but according to Jill on Nb Windrifter they use the same nest sight every year. Maybe one year I will be around to see the chicks leave the nest.

No comments:

Blog Archive