About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 19 May 2012

Shropshire lass comes by

Twas early this morning when out of the corner of my eye I spied 3 women walking along the towpath with a bucket in their hand. I guessed they were collecting for a charity and I did no more then stick my head out of the side hatch and enquire as to whom the collection was for. Turns out it was for Help for Hero's and, as this was also the charity my dad supported and who we gave donations to at dads funeral, I readily put my hand in my pocket to support them. Then they informed me that Shropshire Lass II a boat run by the Lyneal  Trust for Disabled was also heading in our direction and it was to join the Queens Jubilee flotilla on the Thames on June 3rd. One of the ladies took my picture so I wonder if I'll be on their website.









Also had some sad news today from my daughter-in-law Iwona. Her Grandmother died yesterday peacefully in her sleep. We only met her a few times but at 90 + she still did her own cooking, cleaning and kept chickens.



Grandma Mynarek house
Iwona has already booked her flight to be with her mum and the funeral should take place early next week. The children are staying with Colin and as we are in the vicinity we have offered to take both grandchildren to Nursery every morning as he leaves for work at 6.30 am . It does mean we will have to stay with Colin only returning to the boat in the day to run the engine. So, no leaving here yet then. Good job BW are aware of us over staying these moorings but hopefully by next Thursday when Iwona returns we will again be on our way.





Isn't it nice to see both parents with the one remaining duckling left out of the 6 she had. I do hope she doesn't loose this one.









The crew on board are only delivering the boat. There will be other members of the trust to take their place in the flotilla


No comments:

Blog Archive