About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 26 January 2012

Countdown has started

For the last two months we have attended  Hospital appointments, scans and Mri's and now Ian has just one more Consultant to see on Monday and then we are free to leave our moorings at Kingfishers dry dock. I cant wait to get going again. Today we went back to our bungalow to collect the rest of the wood that Ian logged after the Damson tree came down last May. So once again the roof is covered in coal bags full of chopped wood. We still need to buy 3 bags of coal from Jan and Chris on nb Jackal so goodness knows where we are going to store that. As the weather is set to get colder again no doubt some of the wood will be burnt during our last few days here freeing up some more roof space.
 Today I also collected a passport renewal form from the Post office. My passport doesn't run out until October but as we are off to Poland for number 3 Grandson ,Oliver's , Christening in May, and because I have read stories of people being told they cant fly as their passport has less then 6 months left on it, I decided I wouldn't fall into the category and get the thing sent of ASAP. The lady at the Post Office told me that she could do a 'Check and Send' if I returned the form to her. It would then be processed within 2 weeks. Sounded great but there was a catch. Normal price for a renewal is £77.50 With the Check and Send the amount goes up to £85.67.  I have sent it normal price!!!! and it will take a week longer!

1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

So glad your almost ready for the off. I hate being in one place for to long, so have enjoyed this winter begin constantly on the move.
Hope we see you before we head North.

Happy cruising. xx

Blog Archive