About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 14 March 2011

Dawn

Coming of the Dawn
Milky white water makes for a ghostly picture.
Sometimes it pays to be woken by a Cockerel!!! Although my idea of getting up at 6. something am isn't what I wanted, the dawn that greeted me was amazing. I didn't quite get the dawn chorus that Jo on Hadar had talked about because all I could hear was that blasted COCKEREL!!!!.  Where are we? Moored above Cholmondeston Lock on the Shroppie. We stopped on Saturday late morning because a certain person ( and it wasn't me ) wanted to watch the Rugby. As the TV reception was brilliant Ian decided to stay until Monday so he could watch England play Scotland on Sunday. England won. yeah.......Anyway Sunday turned out to be a brilliant day. Sun really warm and loads of fish to catch. I did notice though that there were more boats on the move then we have seen for many a week. Me thinks the cruising season has started. So I think I might have to start slowing down at bridge ole's!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive