Just a quick post because I'm having to write this from my Asus tablet. Ian has started to defrag my computer. It decide to go on 'go slow' and trying to type anything took forever. Ian started the defrag at 2pm. It's now nearly 8pm and still defragging!
Anyway, more on yesterdays incident when that second boat hit us. I thought it was just a side fender that went for a Burton yesterday. Turns out the back button fender was also involved. In fact Ian only just got to it in time before it disappeared beneath the waves. So before we set off this morning we pulled the boat off the pontoon and on the bankside mooring. From here Ian could repair and replace the shackles.
In this photo you can see nb Harmonia. This was the idiot boater ( in yellow) who did the damage. Ian turned to him and said that he should be doing the repair as it was his fault. All we got was an icy stare, still no apologies! So on Ian's instructions I am to name and shame.
Just moved onto the Stratford canal and off the 48hour mooring in the basin. We have the consultant to see tomorrow and it's easier to go from here. Hopefully we wont be in the firing line anymore, especially as the wind has dropped. In fact it's turning out to be a nice evening!
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (134)
- ► 2016 (235)
- Wait for a bridge yesterday and now a long wait at...
- Blooming 'eck. How long does it take to open a swi...
- Worrying moment on the Thames and a difficult moor...
- Amazing who one bumps into on the Thames
- High banks, ants nests and wasps make for difficul...
- Destination, Abingdon
- One close shave, One near miss and meeting another...
- Them bullocks are on the meadow again.
- Oh, how the river meanders.
- Another mishap
- Fisty cuffs at dawn??
- And yet another rescue.
- I have a new depth checker, Ian! (all will be reve...
- Another touch up job to do.
- Why 3 volunteers at the top?
- Well I couldnt let it die now could I?
- Farewell to Longwood and unexpected delays
- Longwood Boat Club Canal Festival
- A diagnosis...finally!
- A Challenging day. Wednesday 10th June
- Big Brother C&RT. They know everything!
- Has Canal and River Trust gone mad!!
- Loose boat, reluctant horse and Brum
- Blooming eck! That Robin is STILL up that tree! an...
- It's a thumbs up......again.
- update on yesterdays post
- Three Bl##dy Times!!!!!
- Cill or sill that is the question! And we sailed p...
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (384)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)