- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Tuesday, 17 September 2013
Back from a jaunt to North Wales and we have succesfully climbed a mountain!
So now you know why I have been silent for the last 10 days. This fabulous trip was arranged by Shelia's Gadabouts tours, Shelia being the wife of ECP&DA Chairman Howard. We were picked up at Sandiacre and taken by a Skills coach to Llanberris. What a great place to stay. The Victoria hotel is a *** rated hotel full of character. The bedrooms were adequate, very clean and a very good maid service. The bar sold real ale at a reasonable price for Wales but wine was in my opinion extortionate. At £4 75 for a glass or £14 a bottle I thought they were out of order asking those prices. Still the lounges were comfortable, there were several and food excellent. Added bonus were the views of the mountains and the great walks. To write about our adventure would be impossible so again I feel photos with the odd footnote the way to go. So if you would like to view our adventures, especially our 5 mile walk up Snowdon which I have decided to do a write up about ( tomorrow) please click Jameison afloat 2 for our excursions which includes Caernarfon, Great Orme tramway, Anglesey, Welsh highland railway and Ffestiniog steam train. The second part of our trip I will post tomorrow. This will include our epic mountain walk.
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- The fickle Jameisons strikes again!
- Still on the Nene.
- Another first for us
- It's that dreaded tunnel again!
- Fly infestation
- Stove test.
- A new fire door.......same problem!
- A fantastic time was had by all. (even though we d...
- Just a little taster of my white water rafting exp...
- Oh dear... slight problem with our new Becton Bunn...
- Not sure C&RT have taken us seriously
- The final chapter.
- The mountain beckoned.
- Back from a jaunt to North Wales and we have succe...
- Wildlife photo blog 13
- Wildlife photo blog 12
- Wildlife photo blog 11
- Wildlife photo blog 10
- Wildlife photo blog 9
- Wildlife photo blog 8
- Wildlife photo blog 7
- Wildlife photo blog 6
- Wildlife photo blog 5
- A new arrival in the Jameison/Burchnall residence....
- Wildlife photo blog 3
- Wildlfe photo blog 2
- Wildlife blog 1 & and at last some diesel
- Willen Lake and time out from my ramblings.
- What with builders and boaters one can forget abou...
- What is the most boats needed to free another?
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)