It's all to do with neutrophils you see. Last week Ian's neutrophils dropped to 1,100 parts per microliter of blood, not high enough to allow his treatment to go ahead. We thought that after having time off his bloods would recover. It appears not because tonight we have had a phone call from the consultant telling us the neutrophils had dropped even lower. Ians ability to combat any infection is now worryingly low. So we have yet another week where no treatment will take place. One thing that was mentioned by the consultant was maybe Ian's body is trying to tell us all that it has had enough of the lethal concoction pumped into his veins every week and maybe now is the time to stop. To hear this news should be music to both our ears, no more treatment means release from the hospital but I cant help feeling concerned that the end of the chemo treatment is a lot sooner then anticipated. In the meantime Ian is to have another blood test next Monday and then the decision will be made. The MRI scan is still to go ahead on the 20th regardless of what is decided.
One other thing I should mention, my emails have been hacked into and all my contacts have been sent scam mail. This is all coming from the Philippines so beware if you are asked for your log in details, password and security questions. Best advice I was given was to change my password immediately.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (159)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- The unscheduled collapse of Langley Mill flour mil...
- Only one more day to go.
- Arrived home with sanity intact!
- Clear up begins
- Phew.... Its over
- Dog show day.
- Big day arrives
- Well for once the forecasters were right!
- Yipee we are free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 days to go.
- A sad day for us
- Busy day for the work party.
- Its amazing how many boats can be packed into the ...
- River Trent and Soar declared open.
- The ECP&DA rally countdown has begun.
- Two sides of a Anthocharis cardamines butterfly
- Basking Chub
- Ants amongst the stamens.
- Could this be the end of Chemo?
- Quick pose for the camera
- Wonder if I can hold any more worms.......
- Not easy getting into the water from here.
- To young to die
- And yet another project on the go.
- First Cygnets
- To bin or not to bin?
- What an idiot.
- My day with the professionals looking for Orchids
- Black cap
- Wildlife in miniature
- Nearly finished
- Finally I can cook again
- birds in flight 6
- ▼ May (33)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)