About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 20 May 2013

Busy day for the work party.

It was a frantic day of preparation today as the marquee (beer tent) arrives tomorrow. The grass cutting mob arrived on Saturday to mow the field which was all well and good but all the mown grass was left in huge piles. These all had to be collected before the lorry arrived so it was all hands on deck to gather it up. Ian was exempt from these duties as (a) he had to go for his blood test this morning and (b) his MRI was due at 4pm. Michael Gold our work party organiser, decided Ian would be better off helping him to retrieve a huge coping stone that had come away from the side near the lock and been dumped in the water by the local youths!



Not quite what they were expecting. Maybe it shrunk in the wash!
After 30 minutes of ferreting around with the kebs they gave it up as a lost cause and filled it in with concreted and a large slab it instead.




Almost like hay making.

The skip for boaters rubbish arrived.


Starting to fill up below lock

Bluebells growing near the lock. Don't think they are our native species especially as there is a pink one amongst them.


2 comments:

jampot55 said...

hello Irene & IaI
I got your email but before I could answer saw yours re a hacker so not sending you an email until you let me know it's ssfe!
I am not staying on jandai anymore - it was too distressing, so while I empty her ready to go to a brokerage, I am staying with my mum. Looking for a house in Hucknall near ma and my other family - I'll keep you posted.
Take care, love Janice x

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Janice,

I'm pretty sure my email is okay now. Having changed my password all is working okay. Such a shame you are selling Jandai but I fully understand your reasoning. Please let us not lose touch,

Love

Irene and Ian
Xxxxx

Blog Archive